INFORMATION AND ADVISORIES ON COVID-19
Online Aptitude Test Instructions
– Online exam timetable
31-10-2020 (Saturday) Aptitude Test – MA in English, October 2020.
– Accessing online examination:
- You will need a Desktop/Laptop/Smartphone with internet connectivity to access the online examination.
- The URL for the VLE examination is vle.ycc.edu.bt
- Login credentials for the VLE:
– Username: Your employment ID
– Password: Your employment ID
– Browser requirement:
We recommend you to use Google Chrome to access the online exam.
– Examination timing:
- Examination duration is for 2 hours.
- It is individual student’s responsibility to keep track of your exam timing to appear for the examination, failing to do so, shall be treated as an absence from the examination.
– Before the examination:
- Locate yourself in a comfortable place where there is good internet connectivity but make sure it is away from other people and disturbances.
- Check that you have all the resources for writing the examination (importantly fully charged cell phone/laptop
– Duration of online examination:
- The duration of online aptitude test will be for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- The session will end by itself when the time is over.
- Note: It is important that you conclude the examination on time
– Types of examination questions:
- Question types include MCQ under 3 different section-headings.
- Section A on Logical Reasoning, Section B on Language & Literature, Section C on Analytical Assessment with passages.
– Things to avoid during the examination:
- Note that this is an aptitude test, which must be done with honesty and integrity.
- Ensure that you are not equipped with any resource that is directly relevant to the examination and will be considered as breach of examination regulations of the university.
- The existing RUB regulation on Breach of Examination Regulations will apply to the online examination. A thorough investigation will be conducted by the Programme Board of Examiner should the College receive any complaint on unfair means and cheating in the online examination. Actions will be taken as per the provisions of the examination regulations.
Research proposal presentation and defence programme for the 4th cohort of MA in English programme, Yonphula Centenary College was conducted from 21st to 23rd January 2021. A total of 30 students presented their research work before a panel of experts from Sherubtse College, Dr. Shatruddha, Colombo Plan Lecturer, Media Studies Programme and Dr. Pankaj Thapa, Associate Professor, Department of Social Science. The curtain for the event was raised by Dr.S.Chitra, the Programme Leader on 21st January 2021 with a Welcome note to Mr.TsheringThinley, Dean of Academic Affairs, Panelists, Colleagues and Students, followed by a brief introduction of the event. On the second day, two students presented through Zoom conferencing owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. During the three-day academic engagement, students of the 4th cohort had come up with their research proposal on various literary and social topics and their proposals were shaped upon the advice and guidance from their supervisors. At the end of each presentation, the panelists provided valuable and constructive feedback on the structure, content and methodology of the proposals. The panelists also shared valuable insights and suggestions regarding research for the benefit of the students. The Programme Leader and the faculty member also presented certificates to panelists in appreciation of their service. Two students shared their semester-learning experience as an enriching one with a note that the MA in English programme serves as a gateway for the students to venture into the world of literature. The program concluded with a vote of thanks proposed by the Programme Leader, to mark the successful completion of the event.